Over Red Cross’s Corruption Allegation ACC Vindicates Sierra Leone
Sierra Leone’s Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC), has said that the allegation regarding a two million dollar meant to help the fight against Ebola then, which was allegedly stolen by the Sierra Leone government as alleged by the Red Cross Society, is not true.
The ACC Boss, Francis Ben Kelfala (in photo), made this disclosure past Tuesday, March 19th, 2019 during the commission’s first 2019 quarterly update of media and civil societies.
According to Mr. Kelfala, in his statement, the Red Cross Society played a very significant role during the country’s fight against the deadly Ebola Virus which claimed the lives of thousands of our compatriots. He continued that after the Virus had been defeated, Sierra Leoneans became heartbroken on the news of an alleged two million dollars claimed to have been stolen by officials of the Sierra Leone government according to a report released by the Red Cross Society; an allegation, he said, went viral both on local and international media which had negative impacts on the integrity of Sierra Leone.
“When I was appointed as Commissioner of the ACC, Kelfala furthered, I took keen interest on the said allegation and allocated the first quarter of 2019 to primarily look into the matter.”
He further stated that after his team of investigators had thoroughly investigated the matter, it was discovered that the said allegation was far from the truth and that no Sierra Leonean was directly involved in either withdrawal or disbursement of the money the Red Cross society utilized in the fight against the Ebola Virus in Sierra Leone.
He concluded that it was exclusively the business of those at the top hierarchy who are 100% foreigners that dealt with all monetary affairs of the institution and that there was no way any Sierra Leone may have stolen the said money.
By Ibrahim Alusine Kamara
Stay with Sierra Express Media, for your trusted place in news!
© 2019, https:. All rights reserved.