REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
SELECTION OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT, SOCIAL SAFETY NET PROJECT
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for the Development and Maintenance of Web Portal for the Social Protection Secretariat
The Government of Sierra Leone has received a grant of $7m from the World Bank towards the cost of a Social Safety Net project. The Project will finance a package of cash transfer to 12,000 extremely poor households in four districts in the country. It will also support the building of social protection systems, provide institutional support to national structures and finance effective national coordination of social protection interventions and initiatives. The Project consists of three components, as follows: (1) Development of systems for implementation of the Social Safety Nets, (2) Cash Transfers to Extremely Poor Households, and (3) Program Management and Capacity Building.
The Social Safety Net project will be implemented by the National Commission for Social Action with support from the National Social Protection Secretariat.
The Project Objective is to establish the key building blocks for a basic National Safety Net System and provide income support to extremely poor households in Sierra Leone.
The National Commission for Social Action, the implementing agency is looking for an experienced consultant who will design and develop a web portal for the Social Protection Secretariat to support the Social Safety Net project activities under the Social Safety Net Project.
A web portal designer for the Secretariat will be hired from the grant proceeds as an individual consultant.
- The estimated duration of the assignment is for an initial period of one (1) month starting from 20th June 2014. Subject to consultants’ satisfactory performance of the assignment; the Contract might be extended (based on the unit rate included in the signed contract).
The Program Implementing Unit now invites candidates (“Individual Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the above mentioned Services. Interested candidates should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.The qualification requirements (short-listing criteria) include:
- At least 5 years hands-on experience in web design and managing a large website
- A Bachelor’s Degree in IT or its equivalent Industry-approved certification in web technologies.
- Ability to produce a highly responsive, creative and dynamic web design in a timely manner, as evidenced by a portfolio of sites developed.
- Proficiency in new web technologies such as CSS 3, HTML5 and AJAX
- Ability to design and manage sites with CMS such as Joomla or WordPress
- Proficiency in the use of web protocols, including HTTP, HTTPS, WSFTP, SSL, SOCS, FTP and TELNET
- Proficiency with relational database technologies, including Oracle, SQL Server, PostgressSQL and MySQL
- Working knowledge of security concepts and technologies
The selection criteria which shall be based on qualifications and competence of candidates are:
- General Qualifications
- Adequacy of qualifications and experience for the assignment
- Experience in the Region and Language
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Provisions of the “Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers” Published by the World Bank in May 2004 and revised in October 2006 and May 2010.
- Further information including the terms of reference can be obtained at the address below during office hours i.e. 09:00 to 1700 hours, GMT time.
- Expressions of interest with updated CVs, and copies of any relevant documents (e.g. certificates) should be submitted on or before 30th May 2014, 1700 hours, GMT Time.
Only shortlisted Candidates would be invited to an interview.
The address for submission of applications is shown below:The Procurement Unit Support Services Division National Commission for Social Action (NaCSA) 5th Floor, NaCSA House 14-16 Charlotte Street Freetown
© 2014, https:. All rights reserved.