Vacant Position: Continuous Improvement Manager
Position & Vacancy: Continuous Improvement Manager
Department: Continuous Improvement
Location: Marampa Mine Site, Lunsar
Duties and Responsibility
To lead Continuous Improvement (CI) projects that will improve operational effectiveness and deliver cost savings across the operation.
- A positive commitment to safety within a harm free working environment.
- Establish a Continuous Improvement (CI) specialist team within a junior mining company to develop a positive CI behaviour across the operations.
- Deliver operational improvement projects using CI philosophy and project methodology.
- Identify savings opportunities within business processes through effective cost saving initiatives and optimisations.
- Time and motion studies of mining, processing, logistic and support services functional areas.
- Five years of relevant experience within the mining sector.
- Training and qualifications in CI and 6 Sigma.
- Good computer skills, in MS Office applications and the ability to learn new software.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of SAP/ERP systems and associated data mining
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to interface with managers at all levels with diplomacy and tac
- Ability to influence and direct others towards CI goals and objective
- Ability to multi-task with strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise.
- Strong personal commitment to CI principles with a strong bias for delivery and action.
- Self-motivated with ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision
- Experience of operating in remote sites and developing countries.
Please forward your application toLondon Mining Company Ltd. Human Resources Desk 56b Main Motor Road Signal Hill, Wilberforce, Freetown
OrLondon Mining Information Centre, Lunsar
Closing date for receipt of applications is 17/06/2014
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
London Mining Company is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Women and candidates from within our local communities are encouraged to applyAuthorising Line Manager:
Approved by Managing Director: HR/ADV/2014/
Great People. Great Resources. Great Potential
© 2014, https:. All rights reserved.