Notice of Vacant Position – Supervisor Warehouse
African Minerals (SL) Ltd is inviting applications from interested candidates for the position of Supervisor Warehouse
This position is open to qualified Sierra Leoneans, and qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. The deadline for all applications is on Thursday 16/01/2014
This role will report to the Stores Superintendent and will be based at the Tonkolili project site.
- To supervise the warehouse in terms of material handling, receiving, issuing and stock counts.
- The supervisor’s function has a significant potential to ensure that stock items are accurately maintained and accounted for in SAP
- Taking cognisance and adherence to safety, security, health and environmental issues.
- Ensures that set targets are met timely.
- Maintains good housekeeping practices.
- Ensures that all set standards related to warehousing are maintained based on the Supplies policy and procedures.
- Ensure that all stock items are properly located for ease of identification and tracking.
- Controls dispatch documents for the distribution of goods offsite.
- Responsible for full maintenance warehouse transactions in SAP (MM Module).
- Supervises stock counts as directed by the Stores Superintendent
- Checks incoming goods to ensure accuracy in terms of specifications, quantity, descriptions and serviceability.
- Identifies incorrect, damaged goods and short supplies.
- Maintains a register of container movement and ensures that hired containers are returned to the shipping line in the shortest possible time.
Authority and scope of role:
- Assists with the provision of an agreed service to departments.
- Assist with the developing of processes ensuring alignment with best practices.
- Supervises subordinates activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
The control Room Operator will required knowledge, skills and experience in the following areas;
- A university qualification in supply chain or related commercial field
- Should be familiar with SAP
- Must be able to communicate verbally and written.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have previous experience with warehouse management & SAP MM module.
- Must be exposed to the basic applications of effective and efficient cataloguing.
- Familiarisation of local cultures and ethnics.
- Previous experience in remote location, warehousing and materials handling.
- 3 Year previous experience in a similar role is essential.
Applicants with the correct experience required for the post, are encouraged to apply by hand delivery to the AML employment offices within the mine lease area situated at Samaia Bendugu (Bendugu), Kafe Simira (Mabonto) and Kalansogoia (Bumbuna).
Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
© 2014, https:. All rights reserved.