Vacancy: Corus International – Capture Consultant Sierra Leone – Health Coordinator
Position Title: Health Coordinator
Location: Freetown, Sierra Leone | Remote Locations (TBD)
In-Country Report To: CGA Country Coordinator, Sierra Leone
Technical Report To: Director, Associate VP Health, USA
Timeline: Six months
Level of Effort: TBD
Corus is seeking a short-to-medium term consultant to support programme start-up efforts in Sierra Leone, focused primarily on developing health systems preparedness and engaging with relevant health stakeholders to best position Corus International for success. In coordination with Corus staff, the Health Coordinator is directly responsible for the overall strategic planning, programme coordination and stakeholder engagement, programme support operations, and coordination with regional offices and home office in Washington DC.
Corus International is a family of organisations which believes that those who were born into impossible circumstances deserve the opportunity for a better life. Corus was formed through the strategic merger of IMA World Health (operating as a public health organisation since 1960), and Lutheran World Relief (operating as a livelihoods organisation since 1945), and today includes the entities of CGA Technologies, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Coffee. Corus International works in over 20 countries in Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America with a primary focus on health, livelihoods, and emergency response.
Today, IMA offers extensive expertise in managing and implementing highly successful and complex donor-funded programmes in nutrition, maternal and child health, nutrition, health systems strengthening (HSS), malaria, HIV/AIDS, Ebola and COVID-19 response, gender-based violence (GBV) and neglected tropical diseases (NTDs). IMA has managed an average of $100 million annually over the last four fiscal years from FCDO, USAID, CDC, World Bank, the Global Fund, OFDA, UNDP, and private donors. Moreover, CGA Technologies has extensive experience in Sierra Leone with existing relationships with the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health and Sanitation.
Corus is seeking a short to medium term health consultant to support health programme start-up efforts in Sierra Leone, primarily focused on engaging with relevant health stakeholders to best position Corus International for success. The Health Coordinator will develop reasonable timeframes for the completion of these deliverables and inform CGA Country Coordinator and Corus HQ of projected completion dates. Illustrative deliverables may include but are not limited to:
- In coordination with the Senior Regional Director, develop country specific strategic plan for health programmes that will successfully transition our country activities into fully-fledged health and development programmes
- Represent the organisation and liaise with local and national authorities, USAID, FCDO, UN, NGO, and other donor agencies to promote Corus’ programmes, facilitate successful coordination of activities and ensure transparency and accountability to all stakeholders
- Oversee engagement with health stakeholders, ensuring compliance with donor policies and procedures.
- Primarily responsible for expanding country health portfolio
- Support the relevant teams in completing country health assessment, in collaboration with technical staff and other consultants.
Preferred Qualifications and Competences
- MD or Senior level Public Health individual with a minimum of 7 years of experience
- Strong USAID/FCDO/EU-Donor background with at least 3 years of experience
- Significant experience in development programmes, mainly in the health field (Health policy, health reforms)
- Strong English writing and speaking skills with the ability to write and facilitate meetings
- Self-starter with the ability to work remotely under limited oversight given Corus’ current telework environment in response to COVID-19
- Based in Sierra Leone (preferably in Freetown, applications should specify)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc) and communication platforms (e.g. Skype or Teams)
- Experience designing health activities for donor-funded projects.
Timeline: 28 February – 14 June 2022
Application process: Send a one-page cover letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission of applications: 14 February 2022
© 2022, https:. All rights reserved.