Top ten practices to express thankfulness at Thanksgiving
Although I was quite young, I can still remember my parents asking me, “What do you say?” as I was receiving something, be it a fruit, a gift, or a compliment. Of course, they were looking for the magical words “thank you”, which many parents adamantly train their children to say in gratitude. Isn’t it interesting that the very first training we encounter is to express gratitude! I find it very meaningful that, from the first Spiritual Law of Pure Potentiality comes the second Law of giving and receiving. Indeed, from the one comes the two, and with it, the dynamics of exchange. As it goes “Giving and receiving are different aspects of the flow of energy in the universe. And in our willingness to give that which we seek, we keep the abundance of the universe circulating in our lives.” How can you use this concept to provide your people a most fabulous service, which they will gratefully appreciate, and remember?
Well don’t go too far; These Are The Top Ten Practices On How To Express Thankfulness At Thanksgiving:
1. Give Thanks And Gratitude: It has been said that, if there was only one prayer, it would be one of expressing thankfulness and appreciative. And since this is our second piece, I would like to add the second prayer one could be asking one for ways on how to be grateful again. Wait a minute, have you ever been so engaged into your desiring mind that you could only see what you did not have? It is as if the universe wants to lavish you with gifts, yet you keep on refusing them, a very painful position! On the other hand, you have had the experience of not only accepting what life brings, but welcoming it fully into your heart. That shift in viewpoint is gratefulness!
Practically; Say thank you at thanksgiving, time and again. Say thank you everywhere. Say “thank you” when you talk to your members, when you write to your superiors, on the letter you send. Say “thank you” to all. Say “thank you” when you talk about your party affiliates. Say “thank you” in your mind when you think of your clients, of your staff, of your political party affiliates. Thank you!
2. Give Thanks; Why The Appreciative: Enter a gratitude practice with your friends at thanksgiving; if you are a head of an institution, create a member of the month ritual, whereby you would let all your members at individual group knows that every month, you and your executive elect a member, to be “Chapter or department of the Month”, and receive special privileges during the month, such as being issued a plaque or certificate, or sent a couple of movie tickets. On the first of the month, you may also send an email, or design a board with your Chapter’s picture and name, and a little blurb or adoration about which this Chapter or department is.
3. Give thanks: Gratefulness and Gratitude: The key word here is “fullness”. Do you have a full expression of gratitude to offer your colleagues base? Do you have a system in place where you can show your gratitude, from the beginning of your relationship to the end? For example, you could send a hand written thank you note after the first contact, or immediately after you are affiliated. You could design a “good bye” package to send your friends when your work and adventure together are complete.
4. Give thanks; Kindness and Gratitude: When you are in the full appreciation of life, when you are totally welcoming the whole picture, isn’t it true that you belong in one with all that? There is no more giver and taker; there is just one entity, one reality. Perform random acts of kindness; let it be a day when a sincere compliment is given to others around you, or a gift of a fruit basket. Know that the exchange, the trade, the gift, whether it is energetic or material is the kindness itself! My father mentioned how extending kindness heals both the giver and the receiver as it unites them. A simple kind attention will make anyone thankful. Move from trading in kind to exchanging kindness; everyone will win!
5. Give thanks; Attitude and Gratitude: Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; moreover, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. Do you like people? Are you genuinely happy to have good friends? Are you truly looking forward to your time with a party member? Are you naturally enjoying your exchange with the people you meet? Your happiness is the greatest gift you can give the world, the greatest service you can offer a member. Give gifts, starting with the gift of your happiness by been in same office or political party. Once that is in place, turn thankfulness into thoughtfulness. And when what you provide is not what is looked for, stop being hypocrite to someone else and be thankful at thanksgiving.
6. Give thanks; Children and gratitude: Did you notice that children are naturally grateful? Sight, colors and smells, from the color yellow to dangling keys, to baking aromas. Dazzle the children of your friends, the inner child as well as their kids, with fun colors, pleasant sights and sounds. Provide a drawing area, with crayons, paints and games. Pay attention to the music played in the waiting room, or on your answering device. Have fabrics and textures they can enjoy! They will appreciate all.
7. Give thanks; Surprise and Gratitude: The problem with the mind is that it thinks it knows something. That very knowing is what keeps the impulsiveness out of life, and the possibility of being surprised. A life lived without a sense of surprise, of the unexpected is a life not well-lived, constricted by old patterns and fixed perceptions. Train yourself to notice what is surprising, what is extraordinary in your life. Practice spontaneous members’ service. Out of the blue, send an article of interest, a beautifully wrapped candle, a pair of tickets to a ball game, a bouquet of flowers. Surprise and effect guaranteed!
8. Give thanks; Abundance and Gratitude: When we can realize that we receive gratitude more than we give, then life truly becomes rich. Thankfulness is a magnet for the things you most desire. Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone for something in your life actually attracts more of the things that one appreciates and value into life. Moreover, give a little and you’ll receive a lot. Give a lot, and you’ll receive even more! When speaking, writing, lecturing, giving a class, gives it all, all you’ve gotten to give! That will be received so enthusiastically that you will transform instantaneously from being strangers into referring angels of peace.
9. Give thanks; Health and Gratitude: Interestingly, connecting the dots between science and spirituality, we are now looking at how emotions such as gratitude and thankfulness influence our health. Increasing a person’s sense of thankfulness will lower stress. Many had found that, direct thankfulness to an individual, will lessen the effects that produce the negative emotions such as anger and anxiety.
10. Give thanks; Opportunities and gratitude: The more one practices feeling gratitude, the more one comes to the experience where circumstances do not matter. There is always another way to look at it; always a way to find a gift in the hand one is dealt. Your worst experiences and most painful memories with your deceitful colleagues who are your best helpers towards having a shining, beaming leadership service. Welcome any drama, any rejection, any delay, and any frustration as an angelic gift bringing development to your practice or political party. Be grateful for these opportunities to evolve and to love!
Happy Thanksgiving And We Thank You All At This Thanksgiving Day!!!
MAY GOD BLESS YOU!
Written by: Essa Thaim Kurugba-The New APC Firewall, Washington, DC-USA
Stay with Sierra Express Media, for your trusted place in news!
© 2010, https:. All rights reserved.