Promise This, Promise That, Promise Everything Without Fulfilling…
SLPP Stinks Salone With Fake Promises
Tribalism, nepotism, regionalism, political intimidation, constitutional violations, human rights abuses, violence and more are the vices prevalent in the New Direction of President Julius Maada Bio since his assumption of office in April, this year. These vices, amongst others, have now succeeded in sharply dividing the country there by making it a more fragile state that can explode into an unpredictable situation with the slightest mistake.
While Sierra Leoneans are trying so hard to manage the effects of the above mentioned vices, the Sierra Leone Peoples Party (SLPP) government is busy adding salt to the many injuries it has inflicted on Sierra Leoneans with unending lies and fake promises.
It could be recalled that the SLPP during it time in opposition was very vociferous in condemning the then All Peoples Congress (APC) government of not handling the bread and butter issue that was badly affecting the Sierra Leonean populace. Members of the SLPP particularly the current Minister of Finance, Jacob Jusu Saffa, were on record to have said that Sierra Leone’s economy under an SLPP rule will be fixed in less than three months in office. They were also on record to have said that the country under an SLPP rule will be free of tribalism, nepotism, corruption and every other vice they accused the then APC government of.
Seven months down the line since coming to power on April, 4th, 2018 after a narrow and questionable victory in the March, 2018 Presidential runoff, nothing seems to be working in the right direction as things are getting even worse. Most of their campaign promises are now as good as total nightmare with absolutely nothing other than the many fake promises to show for their seven months in governance.
Below is a list of promises the SLPP government has made to Sierra Leoneans without fulfilling any:
- Free Education: it is no longer a secret that the much talked about free education that contributed greatly to many Sierra Leoneans casting their votes for the SLPP in the March, 2018 election, is nothing but a complete sham. During the campaigns, the SLPP particularly the current President, H.E Julius Maada Bio, was on record to have said that the Free Education will cover tuition, text books, uniforms, shoes, bags and other learning materials for pupils in both primary and secondary schools in all government and government assisted schools. Unfortunately, the whole program has become a nightmare
- The fifty (50) School Buses promised by the Minister of Finance: Sierra Leone’s Minister of Finance, Jacob Jusu Saffa, was also on record to have pronounced that the SLPP government has bought fifty school buses in order to ease the transportation burden of students across the country. This has turned out to be totally false
- The two hundred (200) Dragon Buses pronounced by the Minister of Transport and Aviation and the NCP Chairman which has also become another pathetic lie.
- The University Application Forms which monies are supposed to be refunded to students. This is also another black lie because as of today, not even a dime has been given to University authorities by government to warrant refunds to students
- The Free University Education for Children of teachers who had taught for ten years and over.
- The Donor funds that the Minister of Finance promised: it could be recalled that during the SLPP 100 days press conference held at State House, the Minister of Finance disclosed that donor partners including the IMF, World Bank and DFID will be pumping monies into the country’s economy in September, 2018 as part of the usual support given to Sierra Leone. Till date, this medium can authoritatively state that not even a dime has been given by the said partners because they lack confidence in the system.
In a nutshell, the seven months old Sierra Leone Peoples Party administration has been full of lies, fake promises and a complete disregard for human rights.
By Ibrahim Alusine Kamara
Stay with Sierra Express Media, for your trusted place in news!
© 2018, https:. All rights reserved.