CALL FOR JOB APPLICATIONS – ACCOUNTANCY MANAGER
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Job Title: ACCOUNTANCY MANAGER
Coordinate and supervise the accounting of the mission (accounting, treasury, audit procedures, etc) according to the instructions of the Finance Coordinator, and in compliance with legal obligations and with MSF standards and protocols in order to provide quality, reliable and transparent information to the organization on the use and allocation of resources in the mission.
- Monthly and yearly closing of accounts and balance sheet.
- Ensure compliance to MSF guidelines, standards, policies, and procedures for the mission:
- Responsible for quality and timely accounting for the whole mission:
- Coordinate and ensure administrative procedures regarding taxes and social security system
- Ensure correct management of cash boxes, set-up a solid advance follow-up systems,
- Anticipate the planned expenditure.
- Manage local bank accounts.
- Oversee relations with the country’s banks including negotiations with banks.
- Organize system for paying suppliers, staff salaries, per diems.
- Coordinate and oversee the implementation and payment of tax liabilities and tax organization in the country.
- Guaranteeing that money administration procedures are followed.
- Ensuring proper records of coordination cash boxes
- Checking purchasing procedures are followed
- Performing regular (daily, weekly, bi-weekly) cash ups.
- Coordinate and supervise the conduct of local audits relating to accounting, tax, labour, stock and asset management…
- Inform and report to his/her superior the mission’s financial statement through monthly and weekly reports.
- In close coordination with the FinCo, authorizes HQ invoices and guarantees the proper recording of expenditures according to the defined Purchase Circuit.
- Briefs on specific accountancy management all staff involved (Mission Coordination Team, Administration Managers, Logistics Managers, etc).
Project Location: 66 Sir Samuel Lewis Road, Aberdeen, Freetown
Closing date: 20th of January
Dossiers: CV, Cover Letter, Work Certificates
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
MSF Spain – Sierra Leone
66, Sir Samuel Lewis Road
© 2016, https:. All rights reserved.