Your trusted place for Sierra Leone and global news
HomeFeaturedSmoking Gun Pointing to Possible Suicide of Customs Investigator

Smoking Gun Pointing to Possible Suicide of Customs Investigator

Smoking Gun Pointing to Possible Suicide of Customs Investigator

Information reaching our investigators reveals that there may be a deeper mystery surrounding the death of Mr Dennis Marke, erstwhile Customs Investigator, who was said to have died of a heart attack while watching football sometime last year.

The gentleman is suspected to have been the main investigation of the ‘container case’, and many neighbours often reported seeing many strange people around his old house on Syke street, emissaries from people he was investigating, who had ostensibly come to ‘beg’ him to drop the investigation.

He had publicly sworn not to drop the investigation, but to continue to pursue it to a logical conclusion.  This insistence earned him an unflattering title in the eyes of most people, who concluded that he should have just ‘taken the money’ and looked the other way.

When Mr Marke suddenly gave up the ghost, tongues began to wag, with many people concluding that there were dark forces behind his death.  There was even talk of witch guns, and many acquaintances claimed he has been smelling gunpowder before his mysterious death, a ‘sure’ sign of witch gunnery.

Recent revelations however claim that he might have committed suicide as a result of a deal with some Indian businessmen which went bad.  According to the unfolding revelations, the customs investigator may have done a deal to help some businessmen clear a large container without being detected.  According to our inner sources, Mr Marke was shocked to find the information leaked and the people, who had paid him huge sums of money which he had transferred out of the country, ended up being disappointed as they were caught and made to pay huge sums in fines and back taxes.

The investigators inability to refund the advance reward he had received might have resulted in a decision to take his own life, and members of his household say that is exactly what he did.  This is after selling off his house to a Lebanese money lender, Tahini and moving away to a rented apartment on Circular Road.

It is said that most members of his family were unaware he had sold his house, and the funeral procession in fact stopped in front of the sold house dancing and singing for several moments before they moved on to the Ascension Road Cemetery to inter his remains.

Investigators are putting the pieces together especially in light of the sudden dismissal of some container cases in court and the inexplicable decision of the state not to present any witnesses in cases which they had brought to court over a year ago.

Abdulai Kamara, Freetown

Stay with Sierra Express Media, for your trusted place in news!

© 2011, https:. All rights reserved.

Share With:
Rate This Article
No Comments

Leave A Comment