National Senior Secondary School Essay Competition
GRAND hereby informs the general public that entries are open to Senior Secondary School (SSS 1-3) pupils for the 2019 GRAND essay competition on the topic: “The Sierra Leone I want to see: Innovative and Nationally cohesive.”
In their essays, pupils are expected to express their visions for Sierra Leone under the above topic. The essay can be typed or hand written, must be readable and must not be more than 2,000 words.
The three best essays will be considered for prizes as follows:
Best Essay: Le 3,000,000; 4 textbooks and a trophy;
2nd Best Essay: Le 2,000,000; 4 textbooks and a trophy;
3rd Best Essay: Le 1,500,000; 4 textbooks and a trophy;
The three best essays would also be published in a widely read national newspaper.
Prizes will be presented at a formal ceremony at the GRAND office in Freetown.
Essays from the Western Area are to be submitted at 73 Adelaide Street, Freetown.
Participants from the provinces should contact +232 75461222 to submit their essays.
Alternatively, essays can be submitted via email to email@example.com or via whatsapp to +232 75461222.
The deadline for the submission of essays is 17th March, 2019.
Thanks for your attention.
Grassroots Action for National Development (GRAND) was formally registered as a non-governmental organization in 2017.
The objectives for which the *Organisation* (which is non-profit making and non-religious) was established are:-
1. To undertake humanitarian and developmental projects and activities, specifically targeting the underprivileged, vulnerable and marginalised in our society, particularly women and children.
2. To promote and support good governance and the rule of law through advocacy, constructive criticism and awareness raising interventions.
3. To act as a pressure group to ensure accountability of government, government functionaries and other public servants.
4. To work with other like-minded institutions to provide oversight in ensuring probity, integrity, commitment and patriotism in public service and governance.
5. To raise and disburse funds for the operation of the Organisation and other purposes.
6. To own properties necessary for fulfilling the objectives of the Organisation.
7. To do all acts reasonable, incidental and ancillary to the objects above.
Edward T. Lassayo,
Acting National Coordinator,
GRASSROOTS ACTION FOR NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT (GRAND)
73 ADELAIDE STREET, FREETOWN
Tel: +232 75 461222
© 2019, https:. All rights reserved.