As He Becomes The New Chief Employer Bio Renders Sierra Leone Parliament Useless
The Sierra Leone House of Parliament has now become useless under SLPP Paopa government which continues to bastardize all legislations made by the House by Illegally Sacking Civil/Public Servants and promote only the chosen few without consideration to the due process. Countless number of Sierra Leonean Civil/Public Servants have suffered this fate including the removal of the heads at NRA, EPA, NATCOM and the recent unconstitutional removal of the Ady Macaulay, the former ACC Boss to name but a few.
These unprecedented actions of Bio’s “New Direction” have sparked a lot of debate from all sectors of the Sierra Leonean society. Many have argued that Bio’s actions have now rendered the country’s Law Making Body (Parliament) useless in the sense that all the laws they make are now been trampled upon at will with nothing absolutely being done to reverse such ugly situation.
What a way to demonstrate the New Direction.
President Bio’s Paopa administration in his first Hundreds days as President of the Republic of Sierra Leone has continued to illegal Sack Seasoned Civil Servants to Promote their Loyalists.
The trend of vindictiveness to sack Principals, Senior Civil and Public Servants is unprecedented. This calls for urgent concern from Civil Society Organisations, International NGO’s and the International Community. Realistically, it is not good for a small Country like Sierra Leone that is still crippling to have its trained and skilled Human Resources be shoved to the corner in the name of satisfying personal agendas.
President Bio, are you plotting your own failure?
Recently, we have seen the illegal and unprecedented sacking and Employment of People in District Councils. Especially in the Northern Part of Sierra Leone without going through due process. One example that clearly shows that the Paopa regime of President Bio is intimidating diligent and selfless public servants in the interest of Promoting their unqualified politicians, is the recent appointment of former SLPP Parliamentary Symbol Aspirant, Daniel Kpukumu as the Chief Administrator of Makeni City Council.
Daniel Kpukumu was the Procurement Officer of the Western Area Rural District Council who resigned his post to contest for Parliamentary Symbol at Bonthe under the SLPP but, Daniel was denied the Symbol because he was deemed unqualified and incompetent to represent the people of Bonthe.
Is this what the New Direction promised the People of Sierra Leone?
Why the continued Witch Hunt and Political Intimidation?
Does President Bio and his administration really concerned about maintaining peace and democracy in Sierra Leone?
It is now clear that the SLPP Government of President Bio has no respect for the Rule of Law and Constitutionality. We have also recently witnessed the illegal removal through “Special Leave” of Ady Macauley as Commissioner of the ACC.
Sad days ahead for Sierra Leone.
Below are some extracts from the ACC Act which president Bio has just bastardized.
‘PERTINENT EXTRACTS FROM ACC ACT – WHAT THE LAW SAYS ON HOW AN ACC COMMISSIONER CAN BE LEGALLY REMOVED
Section 4. Tenure of Office of Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner
(1) The Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner shall each hold office for a term of five years and shall be eligible for re-appointment for another term of five years only.
(2) The Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner may resign his office by written notice addressed to the President.
(3) A resignation is effective upon being received by the President or by a person authorized by the President to receive it.
(4) The Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner may be removed from office only for inability to perform the functions of his office, whether arising from infirmity of body or mind or for stated misconduct.
(5) If it is represented to the President that the question of removing the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner under subsection (4) ought to be investigated then the President shall appoint a tribunal which shall consist of a chairman and two other members all of whom shall be persons qualified to hold or have held office as Justices of the Court of Appeal;
(6) The Tribunal shall enquire into the matter in accordance with such procedures as it may determine and shall, not later than three months after its appointment, report on the facts thereof and the findings thereon to the President and recommend to him whether the Commissioner of Deputy Commissioner, as the case may be ought to be removed from office.
(7) While the question of removing the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner from office is pending before a tribunal under subsection (5), the President may suspend the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner, as the case may be, from performing the functions of his office, and the suspension shall in any case cease to have effect if the tribunal recommends to the President that the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner ought not be removed from office.
(8) The Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner shall be removed from office by the President-
(a) if the question of his removal from office has been referred to a tribunal in accordance with subsection (5) and the tribunal has recommended to the President that the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner ought to be removed from office;
(b) if his removal has been approved by a two- thirds majority in Parliament.
Section 9. Independence of Commission
(1) The Commission shall act independently, impartially, fairly and in the public interest.
(2) Subject to this Act, the Commission shall not, in the performance of its functions, be subject to the direction or control of any person or authority.
Stay with Sierra Express Media, for your trusted place in news!
© 2018, https:. All rights reserved.