NASSIT – Vacancy Announcement
The Government of Sierra Leone is inviting applications from suitably qualified Sierra Leoneans to fill the position of Director General at the National Social Security and Insurance Trust (NASSIT). The Director General will be responsible for planning, directing, and overseeing the implementation of the development of Social Security in Sierra Leone as approved by the board of trustees.
NASSIT-Nature and Scope
NASSIT is a social security organization set up in 2001 for social protection of workers in Sierra Leone. All employers and workers are required by law (National Social Security and Insurance Trust Act 2001) to contribute to the scheme.
NASSIT is charged with the responsibility of administering the National Social Security scheme through:
- Payment of benefits according to the provisions of Act.
- Active management of its funds to attract returns mindful of the safety of the funds.
- Make prudent, safe and profitable investments in line with National Development aspirations.
The trust is a wholly owned public enterprise with a board of trustees to guide, direct and control its activities and functions.
The scope of activities covers, among others, the following:
Finance and Administration
Technical and legal.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the day to day administration and operations of the Trust.
- Ensure attainment of divisional targets through strategic planning and budgeting.
- Coordinate preparation of three-year rolling strategic plans and annual corporate and business plans.
- Maintain an effective management information system to facilitate accurate and timely information for management and board of trustees.
- Ensure and effective and reliable customer service delivery system.
- Ensure compliance of all employers with the Act.
- Ensure maintenance of proper records of members, their contributions and their entitlements.
- Ensure appropriate assurances in the financial statements of the trust.
- Ensure that activities of staff are adequately coordinated and that proper planning with respect of recruitment, development and discipline of staff is established and implemented.
- Identify and propose investment opportunities for consideration by the board of trustees.
Qualification and key competencies
- A postgraduate degree in actuarial science or the social sciences, Business Administration, with a strong bias in quantitative methods. An advanced degree in social protection financing will be an added advantage.
- At least fifteen (15) years of relevant experience of which ten (10) years must be in a public sector or an international organization including entrepreneurial and investment responsibilities involving considerable amount of funds. Must have been a fund manager or have managed investment portfolio of considerable size.
- Demonstrated competence and an excellent knowledge of social security policy issues and risk management.
- Useful grasp and appreciation of development aspirations of a developing country.
- The successful candidate must be a challenging and visionary leader with vigorous approach and must have the ability to lead, motivate and develop a team of qualified professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to work and negotiate successfully with multilateral organization, senior government officials and senior staff of international organizations, including financial institutions.
- Proven ability to provide effective leadership; proactive in developing strategies and a strong demonstrable record of delivering results.
- Strong managerial and supervisory skills.
- Strong communications skills (written, oral and presentational).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with sister organizations and other stakeholders.
Age: Not less than 45years.
Salary: very attractive and competitive.
Applications must be addressed to:The Minister of Labour and Social Security Ministry of Labour and Social Security New England Ville Freetown.
Deadline for the receipt of all applications is Monday, 14th July.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
© 2014, https:. All rights reserved.