PIP is seeking to recruit an Editorial, Communications and ACP Public Relations Specialist
Background: PIP is an EU-funded development programme operating in African-Caribbean-Pacific (ACP) countries. After a very successful evaluation of its first 8-years, a second phase of PIP was launched on 12th October 2009 and will run for the next 5 years. The main objective of PIP is to maintain or improve the contribution made by export horticulture to the alleviation of poverty in ACP countries.
PIP is seeking to appoint an editorial, communications and public relations specialist to join the programme’s information and communication team. The position is based in Brussels.
Within the PIP team you will be tasked with:
- Drafting and editing the PIP monthly newsletter and quarterly magazine
- Webmastering the PIP site (www.coleacp.org/pip)
- Public relations with ACP and EU institutional players (including organising events, communications)
You will work alongside the communications specialist and NICT expert already in post, as well as interacting closely with other members of the PIP team. Regular contact will be maintained with a range of stakeholders including programme beneficiaries (e.g. ACP companies, consultants, competent authorities), service providers, and other organisations involved in cooperation and development.
You will contribute towards achieving the goals of the PIP Information and Communication component, and in particular your role will be to assist in:
- promoting awareness among consumers and ACP/EU policy-makers of the socio-economic impact of ACP export horticulture.
- transmitting to ACP stakeholders information generated by the programme, as well as that which is relevant to its activities.
- developing dissemination tools for the transfer of technical know-how to ACP beneficiaries
A graduate in journalism, communication or politics, you have relevant experience gained by working in a similar agency or international organisation.
You have a solid foundation in the development of communication tools, can demonstrate good writing ability, and are IT-proficient. You are quality and results driven, have strong inter-personal skills, and are comfortable operating in an institutional environment.
You are a native English speaker, but have a sound working knowledge of both written and spoken French. Prior experience in relation to African, Caribbean or Pacific countries would be a definite advantage.
To respond to this advertisement, please send by email your application and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PIP-COLEACP – Rue du TrÃ´ne 98 – B-1050 Brussels, Tel: +32 2 508 10 90 – http://www.coleacp.eu/pip –email@example.com
Stay with Sierra Express Media, for your trusted place in news!
© 2009, https:. All rights reserved.