NASSIT Public Notice
The National Social Security and Insurance Trust (NASSIT) wishes to inform the general public that certain individuals who fraudulently acquired NASSIT cheque books from the Rokel Commercial Bank in August, 2013, have again started issuing those fake cheques and are soliciting goods and services from the business community on behalf of the Trust.
Let the public, especially the business community, be again REMINDED that NASSIT does not acquire goods and/or services this way. All matters of procurement of goods and services on behalf of the Trust are carried out ONLY by the Procurement Department situated at the Head Office, 32 Walpole Street in Freetown.
The following processes and procedures are strictly adhered to in the acquisition of goods and services:
- All requests for acquisition of goods/services are processed by strictly following the prescriptions of the National Public Procurement Act 2004, and its regulations of 2006.
- After due process and an award decision reached, a formal order or contract is duly prepared and issued, being duly approved by the relevant authority.
- Goods/services ordered along with delivery note and invoices are delivered to the stores Department situated at the Head Office 32 Walpole Street.
- The Stores Department, after receiving and certifying compliance with specifications and the order, will issue a Goods Received Note.
- The Invoices, Delivery Note, and Goods Received Note are presented to the Finance Office by the Procurement Department with a formal request for payment
- The Finance Department reviews the documents and issues a crossed cheque or bank transfer as applicable to the service provider who would normally sign for the taking delivery of the payment instrument.
The public is therefore advised to take note of the above procedures, and be on their guard against any suspicious individual(s) purporting to transact business on behalf of NASSIT with the sole intention to defraud the general public.
© 2018, https:. All rights reserved.