REQUEST FOR EOI – SELECTION OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
GOVERNMENT OF SIERRA LEONE/ NATIONAL COMMISSION FOR SOCIAL ACTION (NACSA)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI) -SELECTION OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
SIERRA LEONE SOCIAL SAFETY NET PROJECT
Project ID: P143588
Assignment Title: Recruitment of Grievance Redress Officer, National Social Protection Secretariat
Reference No: NaCSA/IDA/SSNP/IC/01/14
- The Government of Sierra Leone has received a grant of $7m from the World Bank towards the cost of a Social Safety Net project (SSNP).The project will finance a package of cash transfers to 12,000 extremely poor households in four districts in the country. It will also support the building of social protection systems, provide institutional support to national structures and finance effective national coordination of social protection interventions and initiatives. The Project Development Objective is to establish the key building blocks for of a basic national safety net system and provide income support to extremely poor households in Sierra Leone. The SSNP will be implemented by the National Commission for Social Action (NaCSA) with support from the National Social Protection Secretariat (SPS).
- The Grievance Redress Officer will support the Social Protection Secretariat (SP) in systems-building related to grievance redress under the project, in accordance with the World Bank procurement and Consultants Guidelines and Grant provisions. The main objective of this assignment is to support the SP Secretariat in maintaining a grievance redress system that will help ensure the most effective use resources and adherence to key project procedures as stipulated in the project operational manual.
- The estimated duration of the assignment is for an initial period of 12 months starting from 1st September 2014. Subject to consultants’ satisfactory performance of the assignment, the Contract might be extended (based on the unit rate included in the signed contract).
The Program Implementing Unit now invites candidates (“Individual Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the above mentioned Services. Interested candidates should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The qualification requirements (short-listing criteria) include:
- The candidate must possess a minimum of Master’s Degree in Peace and Conflict, Social Sciences, Law, or related field. The candidate must have strong analytical and writing skills. A higher degree in a relevant field will be considered an added advantage.
- The successful candidate should have at least five (5) years of combined experience in monitoring the quality of implementation of a program or service delivery in rural areas (preferably social protection or other social services) and/or in conflict management. In addition, the candidate must have experience in the implementation of donor-funded projects, with a strong track record of coordination with governmental and non-governmental organizations at national and local levels. The successful candidate must be prepared to work under pressure.
- It is required that candidates be highly skilled in computer packages, including MS Office, Excel and other programs, as well as have experience with web and aptitude for mobile applications. Candidates must have basic statistical skills to analyze data and present summary findings and write reports.
The selection criteria which shall be based on qualifications and competence of candidates are:
- General Qualifications
- Adequacy of qualifications and experience for the assignment
- Experience in the Region and Language
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Provisions of the “Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers” Published by the World Bank in May 2004 and revised in October 2006 and May 2010.
- Further information including the terms of reference can be obtained at the address below during office hours i.e. 09:00 to 1700 hours, GMT time.
- Expressions of interest with updated CVs, and copies of any relevant documents (e.g. certificates) should be submitted on or before 8th August 2014, 1700 hours, GMT Time.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The address for submission of applications is shown below:The Admin and Human Resource Manager National Commission for Social Action (NaCSA) 2nd Floor, NaCSA House 14-16 Charlotte Street Freetown
© 2014, https:. All rights reserved.