SIERRA FERRIES (SL) LTD – TENDER FOR THE MANAGEMENT/OUTRIGHT SALE OF MARINE VESSEL
TENDER NUMBER: SF/MV/M/NCB/031/001
- In 2010 the Sierra Ferries (SL) commenced operations in the Sea transportation sector with a fleet including passenger vessel and a land deal craft.
- MV Bai Bureh and MV Masimera commenced operations approximately two years ago effectively providing the most reliable sea-connect between Lungi and Government Wharf in central Freetown.
- The fleet comprises:
- The passenger boat MV Masimera is a seventy five seater passenger carrier with modern mechanical and electrical capabilities fitted for both quiet waters and rough sea voyages. The ambience is excellence for high and middle class customers. The vessel is suitable for voyages with waters in Sierra Leone and beyond.
- The landing craft “MV Bai Bureh” pax 300 (Ferry) is a 250 passenger boat with capacity for one hundred and fifty cars (150) also fitted with modern and efficient mechanical capabilities to cope with marine challenges in tropical waters.
- Both vessels are berthing at the Government Wharf where they could be inspected by interested persons from Monday to Friday during office hours 9:00 – 18:00hrs.
- The company Sierra Ferries is now repositioning and re-orientating itself in the seas transportation business by inviting other strategic partners to engage in one of the following management options:
- Outright Sale
- Long term lease
- Short term hiring
- Members of the general public (individuals or corporate) who wish to partner using any of the propose management models above may submit a bid clearly stating their preferred options:
- Outright Sale: The bidder offering the highest price above the reserved price will be awarded the contract of sales on an “AS IS WHERE IS” basis.
- Long term Lease: Tenure Initially 5 years with an option to renew. The bidder proposing the highest lease rent on the vessels will be awarded the lease on concessionary arrangement.
- Short term lease: Tenure Initially 2 years with an option to renew. The bidder proposing the highest lease rent above the reserved lease rent will be awarded
- Bidders may opt for more than one of the options above for any or all of the vessels on offer, but only bidders offering quotes above the reserve limits will be considered for an award and invited for subsequent negotiations if it becomes necessary.
- Bids shall be submitted on or before 12:00 noon on the 25th July, 2014 at the NATIONAL SOCIAL SECURITY AND INSURANCE TRUST OFFICE.
- Sealed bids will be opened immediately after the submission deadline at 12”00 noon in the presence of bidders or their representatives who wish to attend.
© 2014, https:. All rights reserved.