Job Advert – Finance Officer
The Network of HIV Positives in Sierra Leone (NETHIPS) is a local NGO working as a coordinating body for all care and support organizations in Sierra Leone working alongside the National AIDS Secretariat. NETHIPS is an equal opportunity employer and recruitment is based on an open competitive basis. People interested in careers at NETHIPS can apply to join our team for the following vacancies with funds from Christian Aid.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR VACANT POSITION AT NETHIPS
Contract duration is one (1) year subject to satisfactory performance (with potential for renewal based on satisfactory performance). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)Title: Finance Officer Time Commitment: Full time Supervisor: Programme Manager Duty Station: Freetown
The incumbent will, under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager and the overall supervision of the Executive Director, be responsible for all accounting tasks of NETHIPS.
The Finance Officer shall :
- Handle all disbursement matters of the Christian Aid funded projects.
- Be responsible for all Financial, budgetary and accounting data entry and record keeping
- Prepare all project financial reports (monthly, quarterly, annually and consolidated)
- Assist management as needed with the management of all Project accounts and in any other matter with the financial budgetary, cost managerial assets and other related tasks of the project.
- Professionalism – Knowledge of accounting policies and principles.
- Communications – Good communication (spoken and written) skills.
- Technology Awareness – Good computer skills; proficiency in standard computer applications (e.g. MS Word, MS Excel etc.), the use of QuickBooks financial accounting package is a must.
- Teamwork – Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and
- maintain effective working relations with sensitivity and respect for
- people living with HIV (PLHIV).
Education – Should possess a degree or technician diploma in Accounting or Economics.
Work Experience – At least five (5) years working experience in a similar position of which three (3) years must be post qualification experience.
Very Important – All applications MUST be in applicant’s own handwriting and a completed Curriculum Vitae and the names and contacts of two referees MUST be addressed to:The Executive Director NETHIPS 114 Pademba Road Freetown.
Applications must be submitted to the Administrative Officer not later than 4:00p.m on Friday, 20th June 2014.
© 2014, https:. All rights reserved.