Cairo 2010 awards shortlists reveal
For the Year 2010 the Confederation of African Football (CAF) has reveal their shortlist on Saturday 4th December for Cairo 2010 to honour best achievers in African Football.
As always the final shortlisted nominees will vie for honours in the respective categories, the Technical and Football Committees of CAF will be taking into consideration the performance during the year under review, from January 2010 to November 2010.
For the highest awards, African best Player of the Year 2010 and African-based Player of the Year 2010, the respective winners are decided by votes from their respective senior national teams’ Head Coaches or Technical Director of the 53 National Associations affiliated to CAF.
The above shortlist will further be reduced to 3 players on December 11th, the Event will be held on December 20, 2010 in Cairo, Egypt.
Below are the shortlists (in alphabetical order)
1. Player of the Yeara) Didier Drogba b) Samuel Eto’o Fils c) Asamoah Gyan d) Salomon Kalou e) Seydou Keita
2. African-based Player of the Yeara) Alain Dioko b) Mohamed Nagui Gedo c) Ahmed Hassan
3. Most Promising Talent of the Yeara) Kwadwo Asamoah (Udinese and Ghana) b) Ryad Boudebouz (Sochaux and Algeria) c) Moussa Maazou (Bordeaux and Niger)
4. Women’s Footballer of the Yeara) Stella Mbachu (Nigeria) b) Perpetua Nkwocha (Sunnana SK and Nigeria) c) Ebere Orji (Nigeria U-20)
5. Club of the Yeara) CS Sfaxien (Tunisia) b) FUS Rabat (Morocco) c) TP Mazembe (DR Congo)
6. National team of the Yeara) Algeria b) Egypt c) Ghana
7. Women’s National team of the Yeara) Equatorial Guinea b) Nigeria senior team c) Nigeria U-20 women
8. Coach of the Yeara) LamineN’Diaye (TP Mazembe) b) MilovanRajevac – (Former Ghana Coach) c) Hassan Shehata (Egypt)
Other Presidential Awards will also be given during the ceremony, further information will be provided in due time.
Stay with Sierra Express Media, for your trusted place in news!
© 2010, https:. All rights reserved.