SLPW approves the formation of policy advisory committees
WASHINGTON, May 3, 2012 – Sierra Leone Policy Watch Incorporated (SLPW) is pleased to announced that at a recent meeting of the Board and Executive, the formation of five advisory committees were unanimously approved. They include policy committees on Education, Health and Sanitation, Fiscal and Economic and Land Tenure System.
Formed to examine policies currently being pursued by the Sierra Leone Government, the newly formed committees will help to analyze and apply field based public policy research geared towards the formulation, recommendation and implementation of sound, strategic public policy solutions to decision makers that are in the interest of the people of Sierra Leone.
“At a time when we have affirmed our dream to move past the donor nation that we are to a middle income one, this is a unique opportunity for us to be fully engaged in the development of our country. The various committees will offer transformational policy recommendations for Sierra Leone’s prosperity,” said Board Chairman, Jonathan M. Rose.
The individuals below have been approved to serve in the committees below:
1. Education PolicyDr. Sam Kargbo – Chairman Director of Research & Program Development State University of New York (SUNY) – NY Dr. Patrick Hayes – Member Archivist- Redemptorist Fathers (Baltimore Province) Visiting Professor of Religious Studies University of Makeni (UNIMAK) – Sierra Leone Ms. Peggy Murray – Member President Friends of Sierra Leone Retired Peace Corp Volunteer to Sierra Leone Ms. Carol Sallaymatu Bangura – Member Educationist & Author Founder of Africenter.org
2. Fiscal and EconomicDr. Jonathan M Rose – Chairman Manufacturing Manager 3M Corporation
3. Health & SanitationMs. Gloria Betts – Chairlady President – HOME Initiative Dr. Marion Koso-Thomas – Member Board Certified Pediatrician Program Officer – Global Network for Women’s & Children’s Health Research National Institute of Health (NIH) Dr. Charles Senesie – Member Clinical Trial Regulation Department Government of Switzerland Dr. Beryl Greywoode – Member Pediatrician Founder – Project RAIN
4. Information & Communication TechnologyTamba S. Lamin – Chairman Chief Executive Officer Salone Tech Business Solutions Charles Hubbard – Member Telecommunication Engineer Verizon European Division David Moinina Sengeh – Member MIT Media Lab (SM 2012 Candidate) Kandeh A. Fofanah – Member Clinical Engineering and Technology Management (MSc 2012 Candidate)
Technical Support Voice & Internet Specialist
Comcast Business Services
5. Land Tenure SystemDr. Ahmed Lans Kumalah – Chairman Deputy Director The Mitchell Group
Interested individuals, Sierra Leoneans, and non-Sierra Leoneans alike, with the expertise in policy making, interest and passion for international and socio-economic development who would like to volunteer generously of their time and talents to the above advisory committees are kindly invited to contact SLPW.CONTACT: Anthony Abdul Karim Kamara, Jnr., Director of Communications, email@example.com
ABOUT SLPW INC: Sierra Leone Policy Watch, Inc., is an independent, nonprofit, Washington-based policy think-tank that seeks to provide and improve strategic policy insights and recommendations to decision makers in an effort to promote Fairness, Accountability, Integrity, Transparency and Honesty (FAITH) in government and in the interest of the people of Sierra Leone.
SLPW, Inc., USA
Stay with Sierra Express Media, for your trusted place in news!
© 2012, https:. All rights reserved.