Sierra Leone Law Department at Fourah Bay College to break new ground
The Law Department at Fourah Bay College University of Sierra Leone intends to add a new module to its LLB degree by teaching DIPLOMATIC and CONSULAR LAW in its Law Department commencing soon.
The pioneers behind this new development are Francis Gabbidon who has done a lot of academic work and research on practice and Dr. Binneh Kamara Head of the Law Department at Fourah Bay College who has also done a lot of studies in Public International Law, the Law of Wars and International Relations. (Photo: Francis Gabbidon, author)
The module will include the following but not limited to:
- Sierra Leone Constitution
- The Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations 1961
- The Vienna Convention on Consular Relations, 1963
- The Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties 1969
- Public Diplomac
- Privileges and Immunities under Diplomatic and Consular Law
- The United Nations Charter
- Purposes and Principles of the United Nations
- The General Assembly
- The Security Council
- The Secretariat
- The International Court of Justice
- The International Criminal Court (ICC)
- The Traditional Diplomatic Structures as Bricks and Mortar
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- The Diplomatic Missio
- Protocol and Procedure
- International Organizations and Agreements outside the United Nations
- Inter-Governmental Agencies related to the United Nations (including Specialized Agencies)
- International Law and practice
- Environmental Diplomacy
- The Diplomat and the Media
- Conference Diplomacy Practice and Procedure
- Human Rights La
- International Treaties
The teaching of Diplomatic Law and Practice is not common in African Universities and the Law Department at Fourah Bay College intends to develop this module at a very high level, to include research, workshops, seminar and publishing.
By Francis Gabbidon, Lecturer in Evidence and International Human Rights Law, Fourah Bay College.
Stay with Sierra Express Media, for your trusted place in news!
© 2019, sierraexpressmedia.com. All rights reserved.