Salone Social Media Awards set to reward Positive Social Media users
Welcome to the age of Social Media with over 800,000 Sierra Leonean users. While some have taken advantage of its immense opportunities to promote their businesses and good courses, others have used it negatively to spread false information, hate speech and conduct scams against unsuspecting users.
Governments across the world are faced with the dilemma of whether to regulate these social media platforms or put in place some mechanism that will help reduce negative or harmful use. However, in this age of respect for human rights and freedom of expression, regulation may be highly unpopular and counterproductive.
SaloneJamboree believes recognition, rather than regulation, can be an effective way to encourage and promote the good use of social media. Therefore, SaloneJamboree thinks it’s time for special recognition of those individuals, groups and institutions that are using social media positively.
In this vein, SaloneJamboree hereby presents the first ever Salone Social Media Awards titled: “The Salone Social Media Awards” (SSMA).
We hope that this award scheme will motivate and inspire individuals, groups and institutions to make good use of social media and enjoy its benefits.
The annual event will honor winners from 12 categories as polled from their personalities and activities on social media.
The SSMA covers the spectrum of WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Limey.
Anyone can nominate an individual, group or institution for any of the categories. The nominee(s) must satisfy the criteria within the category for which they are nominated.
Those who meet the criteria shall be selected by an independent and credible committee working with professional guidelines; the selection of winners will be strictly by fan votes.
Winners will be unveiled on a magical award night with performances from favorite comedy/movie and music stars.
The SSMA is built on remarkable transparency and unprecedented reward system where no nominee goes home empty handed and the voters get thrilled with surprises.
Categories for the awards:
Note that all nominees must be active and positive social media users.
- Best use of philanthropy– a person/group/institution that has carried out a successful humanitarian campaign through social media.
- Most inspiring personality– an individual whose posts are consistent and are constantly followed by many users, whose messages bring hope to many and are inspired by it.
- Best Health Advocate-an individual/group/institution that uses social media to promote healthy issues and influence policies around same. This also can include health support to communities in the form providing advocacy, medicines and funds to promote health activities.
- Most Creative Comedian– an individual/group that uses comedy to promote or educate on a variety of social and other issues of national interest.
- Most Engaging Politician on Social Media– a politician who uses social media actively to engage his constituency in a positive way.
- Best WhatsApp Group– An exemplary WhatsApp Group that engages in healthy debate on issues, upholds ethical social media rules and contributes to national development.
- Best Musician- a musician who effectively and creatively uses social media platforms to promote his/her works.
- Best Movie Personality– a movie actor/producer who effectively and creatively uses social media platforms to promote his/her work.
- Best Entrepreneur– a person/business group that effectively and creatively uses social media to promote their businesses.
- Best Customer Care– an institution that effectively and creatively uses social media to engage its customers.
- Best Educator– an individual who uses social media effectively and creatively to educate the public on a variety of issues.
- Best Media House– a media house that effectively and creatively uses social media to disseminate credible and timely information.
To nominate: send the full name of individual/group/institution, categories nominated for and social media links by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by sms: +232 33 318728 or hand delivery to SaloneJamboree office: 30 Wellington street, Freetown
Stay with Sierra Express Media, for your trusted place in news!
© 2018, sierraexpressmedia.com. All rights reserved.