Liberalisation of the International Gateway – international outgoing tariffs
Freetown 7th April, 2016…NATCOM hereby announces that following the liberalisation of the International Gateway and the signing of International Gateway licences by Sierratel, Africell, Airtel and Intergroup Telecom (Smart Mobile) the maximum international outgoing tariffs (including GST) are set as follows:
- Zone 1 – USA, Canada, Western Europe, Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, China, India – Le.960 (Switzerland – Le.2,280)
- Zone 2 – Rest of Africa – Le.1980. Senegal – Le.3,120
- Zone 3 – Eastern Europe – Le.2,580
- Zone 4 – South America, Carribean, Oceania, South Pacific including Australia – Le.2,580
- Zone 5 – Asia – Le.2,700
- Zone 6 – Satellite calls and special services – Le.30,000
The Commission highlights the current industry averages against the new maximum charges for selected countries noting the significant cost reductions.
Due to other external factors including but not limited to the fluctuating exchange rate these tariffs may be reviewed from time to time.
Note: The Commission will not be liable to honour bills for unauthorised publication
Stay with Sierra Express Media, for your trusted place in news!
© 2016, sierraexpressmedia.com. All rights reserved.