Notice of Vacant Position – HEAVY DUTY MECHANICAfrican Minerals (SL) Ltd is inviting applications from interested candidates for the position of HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC
This position is open to qualified Sierra Leoneans, and qualified women are especially encouraged to apply. The deadline for all applications is 6th Febuary 2014.
This role will report to the Superintendent – Maintenance (processing) and will be based at the Tonkolili project site.
To carry out mechanical maintenance activities to fixed /mobile plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner to enable the Maintenance Department to meet present and future needs of the operation.
The Heavy Duty Mechanic will be responsible for the following:
- To carry out scheduled mechanical maintenance to the AML Fixed / Mobile plant Equipment.
- Provide effective mechanical breakdown maintenance to mobile / fixed plant equipment.
- Provide operational feedback to production supervisors and operators.
- Ensure compliance with relevant HSE policies, procedures, objectives and regulations. and the commitment to achieving Zero Harm through safe behaviours.
- Ensure compliance with relevant HR policies, procedures, objectives and regulations through appropriate behaviours.
- Supervising people. Trainees and unskilled persons.
- Report all equipment defects immediately and report all completed jobs to supervisor.
Qualifications and skills:
The mechanic will require knowledge, skills and experience in the following:
- Trade Qualifications in heavy plant maintenance from a recognised company or institution.
- Sierra Leone driving licence (desirable)
- Must have reasonable oral and written English language skills.
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Leadership behaviours
- Presentation of information
- Multi-tasking capability
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Exposure to multi-national, ethnic and cultural environments.
- Minimum time spent in specific/similar industry
- Minimum time spent in a specific role or at a specific level
- Understanding of specific industry function(s)
- Exposure to broader industry function(s)
- Exposure to industry specific work practices
Applications should include a brief cover letter, and should emphasise examples of how candidates have demonstrated the following skills:
- Effective communication
- Working independently
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
© 2014, sierraexpressmedia.com. All rights reserved.