ACC Indicts 17 Persons for Breach of Various Offences under the Anti-Corruption Act 2008
In line with its mandate under the provisions of the Anti-Corruption Act 2008, the Anti-Corruption Commission has on 3rd July 2013 indicted 17 persons in the High Court of Sierra Leone, holden in Freetown. The offences, include but not limited to, Misappropriation of Public Revenue, Fraudulent Reduction of Customs Charges, Corrupt Transaction with Agents, Accepting an Advantage, Being in Control of Pecuniary Resources Disproportionate to Official Emolument; all contrary to provisions of Anti-Corruption Act 2008. The total amount alleged to have been misappropriated through the corrupt activities of the following under-mentioned persons is approximately Seven Hundred Million Leones (Le.700,000, 000.00):
- Abraham B. Lavally (Customs Officer, NRA)
- Solomon Hindolo Katta (Customs Officer, NRA)
- Inah James (Customs Collector, NRA)
- Adetunji Desmond Cole (Collection Assistant, NRA)
- Bakie Minah (Customs Officer, NRA)
- Everton Faulkner (Customs Collector, NRA)
- Abu Bakarr Kamara (Collection Assistant, NRA)
- Idrissa Fornah, Alias ORKALA (Officer, NRA)
- Elizabeth King (Officer, NRA)
- Ishmail Dainkeh (Banker, ECO Bank)
- Isata Osaio Kamara (Bulk Cashier, ECO Bank)
- Sharka Kpanabum (Former employee, ECO Bank)
- Momoh Turay (Banker, ECOBANK)
- Emmanuel Sesay (Banker, ECOBANK)
- Catherine Katta (Banker, ECO Bank)
- Santigie Kargbo (Alie and Santos Clearing and Forwarding Agency) and
- Abdul Mutalid Kamara (Delivery Clerk, Sierra Leone National Shipping Agency
Meanwhile, the Sierra Leone Police has filed criminal charges in respect of allegations of banking-related fraud in the sum of One Million, Ninety Five Thousand, Eight Hundred and Two Dollars, Sixty Nine Cents ($1,095,802.69), which is the equivalent of Five Billion, Six Hundred Million Leones, against the following persons: Kabba Simeon Khalu, Henry Emmanuel Baio, Daniel Mattia, Yakuba Kargbo and Chief Tony Izubundu Chinyere.
In pursuance of transparency and accountability in governance, the general public is hereby assured of the Commission’s continued resolve to minimize loss of government revenue and instill discipline in public financial management.Signed: Shollay Davies (Mr), Director, Public Education and Outreach
Stay with Sierra Express Media, for your trusted place in news!
© 2013, sierraexpressmedia.com. All rights reserved.